|This is Farouk's character page. You may be looking for his image gallery|
Farouk, also known as the Shadow King and the Devil With The Yellow Eyes, is a mutant that parasitically attached itself to David Haller's mind after being defeated in a psychic battle with the latter's father. He attempted to gain control of David's body in order to wield his vast array of powers.
The Shadow King battled David Haller's father on the Astral Plane and was defeated. It psychically attached itself to the infant David, even after the latter's father sent him to the Haller family for protection . Intending to wield David's vast mutant powers for himself, the Shadow King began manipulating his memories, inserting himself into them as a dog named "King". This damaged David's psyche to the extent that he attempted to commit suicide as an adult, after which he was admitted to Clockworks Psychiatric Hospital to be treated .
Powers and abilities
- Oliver Bird - current host
- David Haller - former host
- In the comics, Farouk/Shadow King first appeared in Uncanny X-Men #117 (1979).
- In the comics, the Shadow King and Farouk are separate entities. The Shadow King is a manifestation of the dark side of human consciousness that possessed Amahl Farouk when his mutant powers first manifested . It was in this form that the Shadow King first battled Professor X and was defeated .
- There is precedent for the Shadow King's possession of David in the comics. He does so in the Muir Island Saga .
To be added